Why invest in real estate?
The real estates market has been on the rise for the past few years. Investing in real estate is a great way to build wealth. It’s also one of the few investments that are not only tax-advantaged, but also provide an income stream.
In today’s economy, more people are looking for ways to build wealth and protect themselves from inflation. Investing in real estate is a great way to do both.
Investing in real estates has always been a tried and true way to build wealth. When you purchase an investment property, you are not just buying a home. You’re building equity, diversifying your portfolio, and investing in the future.
Real estate can be a great investment because it provides a steady stream of income and capital appreciation over time.
What are some common ways to invest in real estate?
There are many ways to invest in real estate. One of the most common ways is buying shares of a real estate investment trust (REIT). REITs are companies that pool investor money and use it to buy and manage properties. Shares in the company are bought and sold on a stock market just like other stocks. Some of the Real Estate Investment Trusts in Kenya are:
Another way to invest in real estates is by purchasing a rental property. This can be done through buying an apartment building or by purchasing individual rental units. If you want a more hands-on approach, you might think of furnishing the residential and converting it to an Airbnb. The best way to go about this is using Nyumbani. Nyumbani is a Kenyan, real estate, directory that will show you all some of the good deals you should be aware of.
Some people also invest in real estates by taking loans and building rental property. They later pay the loan using the monthly payments which is then paid back over time with monthly payments. According to some research, for you to find a good deal, you should be able to pay off the loan in 7-10 years after purchase.
How do you find the best real estates investments?
The key to finding the best investment opportunities is to find properties that are in demand and will appreciate in value over time. You need to find a property that will be worth more than what you paid for it.
The market value of a property is determined by the number of interested buyers, the amount of competition, and how many people are willing to bid on that property. The higher the demand, the higher the price.
There are three main ways to search for real estates investments:
– Online databases like Nyumbani. Through sites like Nyumbani, you will find out if there are any homes for sale in your price range that have similar features as the one you want. Here, you will also be able to do research on your interested neighborhood.
– Real estates agent. Through Nyumbani, you will get all the contact details necessary for Kenyan real estate agents. You can call, message of email directly from the site and get all the information you need.
– Property tax records
What are some common mistakes to avoid when investing in real estate?
Investing in real estate is a common investment. However, there are many mistakes that investors make which can end up costing them a lot of money. These mistakes can be avoided by following some simple guidelines.
Avoid these common mistakes when investing in real estates:
– Buying a property that is not going to appreciate in value. Do not fixate on the purchase price of the home. The most important thing is to find a property that is going to be profitable for you in the future.
– Assuming that all properties are good investments. Don’t buy just because you think it’s a good deal. Make sure that you know what the property is worth and whether or not it will generate an acceptable return on your investment.
– Underestimating the importance of location. Location, neighborhood, amenities around are some of the things you should be aware of. These are the things that drive value and will be beneficial for you.
How do you protect yourself from potential financial pitfalls when investing in real estate?
Here are some of the most common pitfalls that you need to be aware of when investing in real estates:
1. Investing without a plan – You should always invest with a plan and have a clear understanding of what your goals are. If you don’t have one, then you might end up losing money.
2. Not being realistic about expenses – When you buy an investment property, it is important to understand that there will be ongoing expenses such as maintenance, repairs and taxes that will need to be paid for each month or year. You should make sure that these expenses fit within your budget before making any commitments.